Marilyn Monroe, Friday 24 July 1953
Monroe’s only visit to Vancouver was a five hour stopover on her way to Banff and Jasper to film River of No Return. During her brief visit, Monroe toured Stanley Park, met Squamish Chief Mathias Joe Capilano, and flirted with a BC Lion before resting up at the Hotel Vancouver.
The man in the top right photo is Sun columnist Jack Wasserman. You can read his article on Monroe here. The men in the bottom photos are Monroe’s co-star Robert Mitchum (left) and future husband Joe DiMaggio (right).
Marilyn Monroe died 50 years ago today.
Source: The Marilyn Monroe Collection
14 Notes/ Hide
- heymelisa reblogged this from pasttensevancouver
- geewhiz likes this
- dajavuphoto likes this
- danggnabit likes this
- jpr likes this
- atlantictiger likes this
- lofkrantz likes this
- duncanmm likes this
- offooofof likes this
- twistedxsunshine likes this
- factsarenothing likes this
- lordsofindecision reblogged this from pasttensevancouver
- nightmare-on-helm-street reblogged this from kevin-rick-mayray-manny
- kevin-rick-mayray-manny reblogged this from pasttensevancouver
- ewangers likes this
- pasttensevancouver posted this