Project 200, via John Atkin’s blog, who describes it as the Really Nasty Version. He writes:
Digging through the files I found this image of the proposed Project 200 for the waterfront of Vancouver looking east from Stanley Park.
Someone was channeling Hugh Ferris.
I’ve featured Project 200 before, but it’s true this rendering is particularly dystopian.
Note the hovercraft in the foreground, a futuristic indicator of the shape of the future! A bit like featuring Zeppelins on the Marine Building. Actually, Vancouver did have some early hovercrafts in operation, as I explored briefly here. The first two Coast Guard crafts CCGH 039 and CCGH 045 have been replaced by CCGH Siyay and CCGH Penac.
16 Notes/ Hide
- eatingwithears reblogged this from megaphonemagazine
- megaphonemagazine reblogged this from illustratedvancouver
- kevin-rick-mayray-manny reblogged this from pasttensevancouver
- spencerjohn reblogged this from pasttensevancouver
- sheahanrahan likes this
- aconiton likes this
- lanuitamericaine likes this
- pasttensevancouver reblogged this from illustratedvancouver
- gunstreet likes this
- whispercracklelikefiredust reblogged this from illustratedvancouver
- cameoappearance likes this
- crunkinpublic likes this
- whispercracklelikefiredust likes this
- larssss likes this
- black-hell likes this
- illustratedvancouver posted this